GHP and RVASVT self-regulation system establishment
GHP rules are intended for small and medium-sized food business operators and have been designed to help business owners evaluate and analyse general and essential food safety requirements to ensure product risk assessment and the implementation of safety requirements.
Since January 1, 2006 a new EU legislation package, the so-called New Hygiene Package, has been in place in order to define requirements for food business operators. The package defines strict responsibility and clear requirements for companies. According to the package, food safety is the sole responsibility of the food business operator.
According to ‘Food Hygiene’ Article 3 and regulation (EC) No 852/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 29, 2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs Article 5, the establishment of a self-regulating system is mandatory for all food business operators. Food business operators can voluntarily choose one of two system establishment methods, namely the implementation of good hygiene practice (GHP) rules or the hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) system.
The GHP rules are simpler and are oriented towards small and medium-sized food business operators. Rules are prepared for each food operator group separately but not individually, so when implementing them some essential control points within the specific company can be missed.
The HACCP system is unique for every food business operator and for any food production process control. This system is of a higher stage than GHP. The HACCP system provides greater possibilities to comply with international standards and expand the market not only in Lithuania but in other countries as well. The HACCP system is proof that a company aims to ensure maximum food safety.
- We consult on the subject of HACCP programme development, establishment and supervision and we prepare and establish them within companies (the analysis of critical control points, the establishment of general programmes, premises and territory, raw materials and substances, equipment supervision, personnel, sanitary, unsafe production suspension and withdrawal from the market, auditing and documentation control)
- We perform mandatory self-regulation programme audits, prepare auditing plans, auditing questionnaires and auditing reports and provide a correction plan for the elimination of non-conformity to the governing body or controlling authorities
- We perform audits of a company’s suppliers
- We perform staff training within companies
- We sell GHP rules for public catering and trading companies, as well as for bakeries and patisseries
Quality. Speed. Punctuality.